Blog

Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

Hampton Update and 10 month stats

Whew, Hampton's life from 9-10 months was rough.  Poor boy was sick 3 of the 4 weeks.  He had another ear infection(and currently has one which means we meet with ENT next week about tubes), his wheezing was worsening by the day, and he had diarrhea for 7 days straight and lost 2 pounds!  Good news is that his asthma has improved and we haven't had to do a breathing treatment in two weeks!  He is on an inhaler twice a day and that seems to be controlling his asthma beautifully.  The diarrhea ended up being SALMONELLA.....no clue where or how he got it but he was a trooper and that nastiness passed through his body pretty quickly.  He did have blood in his stool one night which almost sent me to crazy land as I didn't even want to face what was coming.  So thankful it was Salmonella and not a permanent kind of sickness.  With all of his sickness meant not a lot of sleeping at night or day which meant we felt like we were back to the newborn days.  He is sleeping through the night every other night and for now we will take that!

Pic from at the doctor's office for the 3rd time in one week

Life has drastically changed as Hampton went from crawling, to fast fast crawling to steps and now 5 or 6 steps at a time.  Not going to call it walking just yet but I am sure in the 11 month update it will be full out walking.  He is giving his big brother a run for his toys right now.  Part hilarious and part hard as I have now turned referee.


I was randomly videoing and caught a few of his steps!  


And for the MOST BEAUTIFUL news- HAMPTON IS SLEEPING IN HIS CRIB!!  He has been in it the last 3 weeks and is doing pretty well.  Some days he is an ANGEL baby and goes to sleep on his own and some days we have to go in there 3 or 4 times.....I think he is starting to like it though and happy we won't have to find a manufacturer to create a "sleep chair" for Mr. Hampton.  He was crawling out of the nap nanny so we had no choice.  His reflux has really taken a back seat and seems to be going away.  He is still on his reflux medicine twice a day but we meet with the GI in September and hope to get him off of that!  Have a mentioned that Hampton has 3 specialist doctors on top of his pediatrician?  GI doctor, Allergist, and now an ENT.  So so thankful for insurance.

Now Big brother plays in his crib in the mornings


The boy still has no teeth but his eating has really improved.  Since the Salmonella he has started eating yogurt and goldfish and cut up fruit.  He loves peaches cut up.  He also can pound the cheerios.  When in doubt- give him some cheerios.  Still haven't done meat but hope to in the coming weeks.



His little personality is really starting to blossom.  He is still the sweet snuggler but now really likes to be on the move and be chased.  He smiles at people he knows but still gives strangers the poker face.  I can still pass him off at the nursery and he goes happily along with it.  He is definitely still feisty and does a high pitch scream when he wants something.  My ear drums probably need to be replaced after this year. He lights up when his brother is around but also likes to push his buttons. Wonder where he got that?

He still needs a morning nap but lately we just go places in the morning and he catches one in the car wherever we go and then takes a longer nap around 1:00-same time as brother (don't even know what to do with an hour to myself)

 He loves cars

Hamboney, I love you dearly and praise our Maker that you are still here with us.  Each day is a gift and I have learned that more with your life than ever before.  I also can't get over how strikingly cute you are- sorry that you have been called a girl a lot lately- its the killer eyelashes that I can't do anything about.  I promise you are in boy clothes.....only one of the 20 times it happened this month were you in a smocked outfit :)

2 comments:

  1. Um, love this post and your sweet boys. I also loved that you mentioned needing your eardrums replaced. Afterall, you do have very "strong senses" =). Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post!!! Hampton really is BEAUTIFUL--I am staring at his eyelashes in the pictures--going to have to start calling him ladykiller! Miss y'all!!!! Coming to any Auburn games??

    ReplyDelete