Blog

Blog

Monday, October 8, 2012

Hampton is 1! (Yes.. you read that right)


Being a guest blogger, I have been told I am not allowed to write about politics.. So, I thought I could give everyone a re-cap of our last several weeks, including the momentous occasion of Hampton turning 1.  Why is it that women / wives / mothers continue to address children's age by months?  Anna is currently commentating to me about Hampton at "12 months".. I digress.  Hampton is all over the place.  He loves to walk, run, ride his car, ride on Bailey and do the Hot Dog dance.  He loves giving open mouth kisses, loves to steal from his brother and loves being outside.  What he does not love currently - the doctor.  Too bad.. we are going to be spending a lot of time there, as we just found out that the Ole' Soul has an immune deficiency issue that makes him more susceptible to infections, specifically pneumonia.  That means no church, no BSF and limited errands with Mommy in public.  Poor guy can't catch a break, and neither can Anna.  However, we just dedicated Hampton to the Lord this past Saturday at church and realized a few things worth sharing.  1 - Faith is an incredible and humbling thing.  We can't always control Hampton's health, but we can put our faith in the Lord to watch over him. 2 - We have amazing family and friends to help support us emotionally, physically and spiritually. To give you a glimpse of this blessing, here are a few glimpses into our little life in Mayberry (Old Bayshore Point)..

"12 Month" Picture

Hampton's birthday morning surprise..

 Camera strategically placed far enough away so you don't see the bags underneath our eyes..

Party Time!

 Jump House was a big hit

 Anna outdid herself as always.. Cupcake Spot cupcakes, Holy Hog BBQ, Homemade Mac n Cheese


 Hampton liked to strategically pick off all the colored dots first.. No Epi Pen required!


 Birthday boy all tangled up and happy

Grandparents with the birthday boy

 All getting ready to go to a celebratory / thank you dinner with the grandparents

 The fun "really" started once we got there..


 I'm know the Ruth's Chris patrons appreciate classy live music / dance when they see it




Pictures of the dedication to follow..

4 comments:

  1. Thank you honey for blogging :) I didn't even know where to start with him turning one and his recent health news. You're the best. Hoping you enjoyed it and will do it again....and keep you away from starting your own blog about politics. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about H's immune deficieny! Please keep us posted, and we'll be praying for y'all and for him, for wisdom for doctors, for health for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about Hampton's health. I can only imagine how challenging it must be at times... will be praying for him and your family. Love the pictures of his birthday! You have a beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the pictures and I can't believe he's already 1!! Hannah will be 1 on Nov. 19 - it's crazy how time flies! I loved the video of him eating his cake - so precious!
    So sorry to hear about Hampton's health issue, but you and Bradford were put as parents for him because God doesn't give us anything we can't handle. I am a firm believer in that! So, your boys are blessed to have you and Bradford as their parents. Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete