Blog

Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Prep for MK

Well, baby girl has hung in there(or mom has) and made it to her scheduled C-section.  Family comes in town tonight, the house was just cleaned, mama got a pedi and even got her hair done.  I think all prep that could be done has been done.  Including a little "sprinkle" and her nursery! 

Thankful for these friends to put together a small get together to celebrate MK.  It was a special night and somewhat of a blur. It didn't exactly feel real getting to open gifts for a baby girl- thankfully my bf Amber took beautiful photos so I can remember. 

These two out did the word for sprinkle as I made it very clear I didn't want them to go through alot of trouble- they are knee deep in the trenches too. But no one listened to me. They had so many sweet touches that really pulled my heart strings.  Love these ladies fiercely!

(please notice the cup of SONIC ice  in the back ground- my biggest obsession this pregnancy- ICE)


My two favorite cakes in Tampa- Lindsey Darnell's homemade, Alabama Cheesecake and Wright's chocolate, chocolate cake

 Look at the sweet monogrammed cookies

Love this!

Elizabeth gave MK an accessory box with bows, sunglasses, and a pink tutu

 MK's bf, Vivian, came to the sprinkle too which made it extra special.  

It was a wonderful night and I continue to thank God for the women he has placed in my life down here.  It's cool to see the way we were meant to be here to make these wonderful friends that encourage, support and spur us on in our faith each day.  

Below are Iphone pics of the nursery so far.  All that is really missing is a rug and it comes in Friday. I have had so much fun decorating this room and am thankful that we got to reuse all of the furniture from the boys nursery including the bedding- just a new crib skirt. I am so glad we picked a beautiful crib for Little B that makes a sweet girl crib too.  

The room feels special as it has alot of Nanny in it.  She bought the crib for Little B and the dresses in the shadow boxes were ones she picked out for me- Nanny picked out the two pink ones.  Feeling very connected to her lately- especially since she had two boys and then my mom.  I can only imagine her thrill of having a baby girl.  


Daddy B hung up the curtains- thankful we have an IKEA 10 minutes away to provide the 99 cent curtain rods and 3 dollar rings.


The white dress on the left was my christening dress.  The pink outfit in the center is the outfit I came home in from the hospital.  The pink on the right was my first Easter dress.  I have had several friends ask if MK will wear them since they are hanging up- yes, they are just pinned so I will just take it down for the day.  These dresses were too precious to just hang in a closet!


Bought this piece for Hampton's clothes but now he and Bradford's clothes are in wire racks in their closet- so MK gets this piece.  It is from a consignment store and has missing knobs- but I love it.  Nice that the only furniture we bought was the day bed for this entire room.


The boys love playing in her room- the glider got a good cleaning and looks and feels brand new.

MK's bathroom

Yummy day gowns made by Ma C.  Can't wait to see her in them!

We are ready to meet you Mary Katherine.  

2 comments:

  1. It all looks beautiful! Can't wait to see pics of it with a beautiful baby girl there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon your blog from someone else I know. Would you mind sharing where you got the art above the crib? I've got a baby girl on the way too and this would be perfect! Thanks!! Katherine my email is ksittason@gmail.com (when you have time)

    ReplyDelete