Christmas 2013- Daphne, Alabama
Christmas 2013 was a Christmas to remember! MK's first Christmas and two boys who LOVE being with family and LOVE opening presents. We packed the car to the brim and headed on an 8 hour car ride to Daphne, Alabama. We weren't sure how the trip would go with a nursing 3 month old baby. Halfway through the trip we looked at each other and asked if we had left Mary Katherine in Tampa. She slept the first 3 hours and only had a 20 minute crying fit the entire car ride. The way home was an entirely different story- MK still did pretty good but the boys not so much (a spanking on the side of I-75 happened but I won't go into details about that).
We were excited to see our cousins and grandparents and spend a week soaking up time with them. We ate some good food, played with our new toys and went and visited Mimi and Grandaddy in Gilbertown one day. Here are some pictures below to sum up our sweet but busy Christmas!
It was really cold in Alabama so I made a Target run to get MK some warmer clothes for the week
Big B surprised me with a great present- he got my blog posts made into a book. You'd think that would motivate me to blog more but here I am 22 days into January and I haven't blogged once! It was such a sweet gift and I got emotional when I read through my 1000 gifts posts.
Lots of cuddle time on the couch
All of the grandkids slept in their own tent in the same room. Well all but Hampton- we had to move him out the first night as he wasn't quite ready to sleep in a room with 4 other kids. Maybe next time!
The puzzle that was well loved but never finished...
MK meeting Mimi- She is named after Mimi(Mary). So thankful she got to meet one of the great-grandmothers she is named after.
Fun football game outside- Q got the goal for Christmas
Oh Hambone.
I also snuck in a trip to see Jennifer and her new baby, Eberle. Big B went hunting after Christmas with some friends so MK and I left for the day to go to Louisiana while Soos kept the boys. I still can't believe we have girls 7 weeks apart.
MK was smitten with her BF Eberle
Loved every second we got to spend there- even though we are over 10 hours apart- I feel like Jenn and Vanessa and I are raising our kiddos together. Thankful for the many texts we send each day.
More blogs to come- MK update and we officially have a 4 year old!













No comments:
Post a Comment