Blog

Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Quilt


Today we got a very very special package!

The Quilt


"The Quilt" is something that Soos makes (Bradford Sr.'s mom) for every grandchild. For the first grandchild, Quinn, it was a big secret as it takes many many months to make. Not sure but I think little B's quilt took over a year to make! Soos appliqued this "B" on by hand. It is a big B. We have seen The Quilt numerous times and little B even played on it in Mobile. However, Soos wanted it to be perfect- and PERFECT it is! To make the quilt even more special, Soos typed the sweetest poem to go with it. I hope I can hang on to the poem for a long time- but if not- I am putting it on the blog so we will have it forever. Thank you Soos for taking the time to make our little one something so special. We know the love you put into it and he will feel it during all of his adventures with it!

The Quilt



The poem Soos wrote..love it.
The back of the quilt is tan and white stripe= the inspiration for his room of stripes
Yes, my "mother in love" is one talented woman! Sara and Lindsey are expecting their third so I know she is already brainstorming ideas for baby b's quilt!! Can't wait to find out what they are having!

3 comments:

  1. Anna, that is an awesome quilt! So special! Treasure that forever. Laminate that poem or put it somewhere to save. You will want that when Bradford is older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE it! How beautiful and what a sweet tradition to make a quilt for each grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome gift that he will cherish forever!!

    ReplyDelete