A huge thank you to my husband for this sweet trip. Some of you know this but Bradford LOVES to travel. Not only does he love to travel but he loves to plan and research his travels. I feel bad because he has researched and planned numerous trips that have never been taken. We struggle with where to spend our money- house project or trip. We have a new deal in our marriage though - however much money is spent on the house or trip that year- the same amount has to be spent on the other. Seeing that we had to get a new shower- the cruise and shower even out - sort of - the cruise was actually lot cheaper than the shower! However, we have bought alot of tickets to Bham so I think both budgets are spent for the year.
We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. It was about a 4 hour drive for us. Yes, cruise boats go out of Tampa (the port is 15 minutes from our house) but Bradford did alot of research and found a great deal on a newer boat that left out of Fort Lauderdale. We also booked on Priceline and used American Express which had incentives where we got $125 credit on the ship. At the end of the trip our ship bill was four dollars!
There are so many parts that I loved about this trip. The main one being time away with hubby to reconnect, relax and feel like newlyweds again. Here are some highlights from our trip.
Our boat docked in Mexico.

This is the balcony off our room.
We enjoyed breakfast on the balcony every morning!

This boat had a Johnny Rockets on the ship. We had to pay five dollars a person each time we ate there- but this preggo was craving chocolate milkshakes so we ate there several times for lunch!

The sunsets were amazing each night on the boat.

One of His marvelous gifts to us!


Bradford booked us a private all-inclusive beach resort for the day in Cozumel. It was called Nachi-Cocom.

Felt like I was back on my honeymoon in St. Lucia.

This is Carlos. He and Bradford became fast friends as he served us drinks and food!

This was our room attendant, Marvin- we became fast friends as he made fun towel animals each night when we came home!

The days we were at sea were spent reading, playing shuffleboard and eating.

I was 17 weeks on this trip- I starting showing a lot sooner with this little man!

Thank you so much honey. I am so thankful that you love to travel and that I get to tag along with you! Thank you for making trips a priority in our family. I look forward to many more!
Wow! That looked like so much fun at such a good price! Way to go Bradford for finding all the steals and deals! And I love your baby bump!
ReplyDeleteYAY! Looks like such a great getaway. You look adorable and I love all the fun pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great vaca- beautiful pics!
ReplyDeleteI love a good cruise! Glad you all had a little getaway!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics. Bradford needs to inspire Sam to plan a trip like that....so fun!!!
ReplyDeleteOne day we'll have to take the kiddos on a Disney Cruise.