Blog

Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Mother's Day weekend

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!  We are sad that we can't spend it with our moms and grandmothers as we would love to pamper and love on them all day long.  Here is the picture of what they got.  They turned out so cute and I love having them on my dining room table.  They aren't going to get them until they come in June as I didn't want to mail them as they are way too fragile to chance it!  We emailed them pictures today so they knew what their gift was.



I had a wonderful weekend.  Big B decided to treat me to a weekend full of pampering.  I came home Friday afternoon from setting up for the Mother's Day Tea at the church and he told me we were going out to eat and going shopping.  My first question was: "With the kids?"  That didn't sound fun to me- sounded more like stress.  He then told me he was going to drop me off at Anthropologie and let me pick out some earrings or a necklace(or both like I did) while he drove the kids around and got in a catnap for Hampton.  I had been eyeing a necklace at Anthro but ended up getting a different one that I LOVE and some earrings that I couldn't pass up.  After that we headed to Panera where we picked a back booth and cornered in the 2 year old so he couldn't get out.  I think the only thing we remember from the entire dinner is that Little B thought it would be funny to give me a strawberry, like we do on his tummy before bath time.  Except.. the closest thing to him was my chest!  We couldn't help but burst out laughing!

The BEST gift Big B could have given me was two mornings to sleep in!  With Hampton on breathing treatments all week and a mean ear infection that caused him alot of pain and fussiness- I was one tired mama.  I also got to get showered and blow dry my hair and put on makeup after I woke up= LUXURY-  who'd have thought that I would cherish time getting to dry my hair.  Saturday morning I headed back to the church to get ready for the Mother's Day Tea.  I had so much fun getting to host a table this year.  Usually I sit at Becky Coppedge's table that is always decorated beautifully and with inspiring ideas.  But she is waiting on her grandbaby to arrive any day so I felt like a big girl getting to decorate my own.  I had so much fun getting out my china and using pink hydrangeas that I never got to use at my wedding :)  I had the best time with some of my favorite people.  Both of my BSF leaders sat at my table and some dear dear friends.  So thankful for the amazing women that God has placed in my life in Tampa.

This picture is before they put any food on the table
In the middle is my BSF leader from last year and this year and of course Amber:) 


The little fancy tea cup is Nanny's.  She collected them and we all got to choose one when she moved to her new home(Dementia and Alzheimer's home)  This tea cup was my inspiration for the table.  Pink and green.


Saturday night we went and ate at CPK with the kids- we sat outside where there was no one else and the area was gated in so Little B could run around freely.  Of course he does a poopy right before the food comes so he refuses to sit down....so improv we put his food in his chair and he stood and ate his dinner.  I share this only for me to remember  the sparkle and laughter in Big B and I's eye contact when Little B turned around and said, "I got poopy but I stay here"

Sunday morning while I was snoozing the boys were working on this and planted me some new plants in the front yard!



Unfortunately both boys were sick so we didn't get to go to church.  We went to the aquarium though where B ran wild and named everything he saw.  He has each exhibit memorized so as he leaves one place he tells you what we are going to see next.  Tonight Big B cooked me a steak dinner and my favorite, vidalia onions- mom he made them just as good as yours!  Yum!


Hope everyone felt loved and appreciated this weekend.  Whew- being a mom is so rewarding but nothing about it is easy.  Thankful for these set aside holidays to rejuvenate and feel loved and special so I can get some momentum to keep on doing my best.

Get ready for a new picture of where Hampton is sleeping!!  Never a dull moment or should I say an experimental moment with this kid!

How many more days will we be doing this....pray that the wheezing goes away.

4 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! I love your table for the tea!!! Way to go!!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend - I would like to see what necklace and earrings you got at Anthro!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet weekend! Your big girl table was beautiful and I love the hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table! Great job, Anna! I love the pics of the boys with Bailey. Made my heart melt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Great pics. Great table. Great gift idea! Thanks for the call today. I love you!

    ReplyDelete