Blog

Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hampton is 8 months- celebrate!

Well I am SO excited and SO proud to say that Hampton is officially sleeping through the night.  It happened two weeks after he turned 7 months.  With a few nights of crying it out he figured out what the night sleep was and has been sleeping peacefully for 11 hours every night. I am quite giddy at night going to bed knowing I will get to sleep 8 hours.

What is he sleeping in?  Not in the crib yet.  Steps people.  We had to move him from the swing since he could lean his 20 pound body to one side and basically tip it sideways....not safe.  He is now sleeping in a Nap Nanny- a pink one to add- but it was free and we are thankful that a friend brought within the hour that I asked for it!

He isn't crawling forward yet- just backwards.  He can go from laying on his tummy to sitting upright so his independence has soared this month too.

We battled another ear infection this month(3 ear infections in 5 weeks) but the doctors want to see if he can make it through summer without any more infections and get tubes in the Fall.  We did have a big scare over the weekend when we gave him green beans and he had an allergic reaction.  He vomited several times, had a hard time catching his breath, sneezed 7 or 8 times in a row, his left eye puffed up and he had a rash on his forehead down to his mouth.  Extreme reaction considering he only ate 3 bites.  We go to see an allergist next week.  He continues to wheeze almost daily so breathing treatments have been part of our normal routine.  I think he is allergic to Bailey but hopefully we will find out more next week.

Did I mention he is sweet and cuddly and for the most part happy?  I mean he wakes up crying and goes to sleep crying but he has made so much progress that I feel like he is really enjoying life!  Here he is napping on me at the beach- he still refuses to nap there.  Please excuse my sleepiness...


He also just started holding his bottle by himself.  Independence is so sweet to a mommy with 2.  Whew.  
He loves playing with big brother's toys
 



I can't find my camera right now.... But I did take 8 month photos so hopefully I will add them to this post soon!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Hampton! I'm so glad to hear he is sleeping through the night! Whoo Hoo! Let us know how the allergy test goes....I'll be praying for that little one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you and the progress Hampton has made! Think (and pray) about you guys often.

    Alissa

    ReplyDelete