Blog

Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ms. Holly

At my Bridal Tea- Ms. Holly gave me the hat
The whole neighborhood gang at VV's Bridal Tea
The Bacon Family- their annual Seaside Beach Trip

Today is a day that has been in the back of my mind for 364 days. A year ago today Ms. Holly went to be with the Lord. She fought cancer for over 3 years and fought is not even a word to describe her battle. She is one of the first loved ones that I have ever lost- and though I don't know what it is like to lose a mom, I know what it is like to lose one that is almost your mom. She was like my other mother. Ms. Holly lived across the street from me my entire life (since we lived in the same house my entire life and same neighbors are all still there). She was a part of every good time and bad. She had a smile that lit up the room and a laugh that was contagious. She was a very talented artist and I am so thankful that my mom gave me a painting of hers the Christmas before she passed. My mom and I just cried and cried that day because we knew how special this painting would be to me. The painting means so much to me and to my child. He loves to stare at it and I love to spend that time thanking the Lord for Ms. Holly and praying for her loved ones. I know my pain is still so fresh because I still sob during quiet times, or when I read Mr. B's Easter poem, or when I talk about her to Jenn, VV or my mom. I don't know if the tears will ever stop when I think of Ms. Holly but- I serve a mighty God who continually takes my tears and reminds me of His awesome power. The verse he laid on me today as I went to him with my Ms. Holly sob reminded me to let Christ's power rest upon me- what an amazing power I feel today.

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

I love you Ms. Holly- I know you are laughing and painting the sunset everyday.

I sent this video to Jenn a few months ago...

4 comments:

  1. Great post remembering Ms. Holly. I cried while I was reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Anna!! I cried! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the video. What a precious little "happy" for J.Bacon.

    ReplyDelete