Blog

Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Day Tradition

Today I felt like a grown up. Bradford Sr. and I cooked a killer meal for our neighbors and friends in Tampa. On the menu was: Pulled Pork, black eyed peas, collard greens, sweet cornbread, jalenpeno cornbread, poor man's caviare, bubbling cheese dip, chocolate chip pound cake, forgotten cookies, and fruited mint tea. We held nothing back. We sent out invitations to officially make it a New Years Day Party. Here is what the poem read:

A Happy New Year to you,

Our thanks for your love is much due,

Thank you Tampa family for your welcome and care,

Join us for black eyed peas and all the fanfare.


We had 8 families over with a total of 12 kids. It was wild at times but so much fun. We are so thankful for our neighbors and friends in Tampa. It is really cool to see the blessings that the Lord has planned for us. We feel so blessed. 2010 was a fabulous year.


The black eyed peas and collard greens.


Little B's best buds!


The moms!


Meet Marta. She lives across the street with her husband Joe. She is an angel. She cooked us homemade chicken soup when little b was sick. She brought me a cupcake on my birthday. She is thoughtful and nice, and an amazing cook. She coached me on cooking my black eyed peas.

Ah- Florida weather. Glorious.


It was a great way to welcome the new year. We hope to make this a yearly tradition! Tomorrow we start to work on one of our New Year's Goals- find a church home! Bradford and I sat down last night and wrote out our goals for our family and individual goals. Even Bailey has a goal. A big goal this year is to take a trip - just B and I. He deserves and needs a week long vacation. We are thinking about the Alaskan cruise....any thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. My goal is to come visit your beautiful home! And I think an Alaskan cruise sounds awesome---have you seen those Sarah Palain shows? It's breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I have several friends that have taken an Alaskan cruise and LOVED it! Even Brad and I talked about doing that. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like a blast!!! I need to live in your neighborhood

    ReplyDelete