We had a great time in Birmingham as we were there for 5 days. I got to see lots of friends and spend some good time with family. We headed to Atlanta on Christmas Day but left the next morning. It was kind of a tease being in Atlanta but not getting to see friends or eat at our favorite restaurants. My stomach growled as we passed the exit for Taqueria. We found out that big boy can do a 7 hour car ride MUCH better than a 10 hour car ride. Thinking the next time we drive we will go to Atlanta on the way there and the way home. Not much time to blog as my house is a mess and I am hosting the first annual "New Years Day Party" for my neighborhood in 3 days. Trying to continue a tradition of the neighborhood I grew up in. I have NO CLUE how to cook turnip greens, collard greens, and black eyed peas- so recipes or tips will be greatly appreciated. Here are a few of my favorite memories from Christmas. I am going to upload the other pics from Christmas to facebook and let them speak for themselves. Ah facebook- how I love thee
Christmas Eve we opened gifts with Trent and Eleanor. They gave these hilarious things called singamajigs- Little B was in a trance with them.
These are the stockings that mom made- My brother and sister-in-law are expecting in June. They find out the gender next week so mom did an adorable green stocking for "peapod"
Nanny gave little b a phone as he loves to talk on the phone and say "yeyo"- she didn't think it worked so she kept trying it- really funny moment. and yes, it is hot pink.
This picture also cracks me up. We took about 9 and this is the only one where all babies are being held and civil. Trent and Eleanor just wait! These are my cousins from Gadsden- my dad's sisters kids. Laura skipped out early- aka Miley
My mom threw a neighborhood get together. Garrison was passed out! Love yall! That is Jenn if you can't recognize her- she has a new hair color!

This picture should be in a magazine. This was taken in Ann Edward's room

Me and baby Sam hanging out.
I also had to post a picture from my birthday dinner. These are Noah's parents- Josh and Katharine. We got a babysitter and they put Noah down at our house. We went to a Tapa's restaurant and then went to Bern's dessert room. I could do a WHOLE blog about these two people. What a blessing they have been. We met them our second month down here and it feels like we have been friends forever. I cherish our deep discussions and also sharing our silly songs! Katharine is expecting her 2nd in July- so I plan on watching her do that and help with Noah :) hehe! Love yall!
OK! Off to clean and test out some recipes!
Looks like you guys had a blast! Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday and Happy New Year! Hope your party goes well - I'm sure it well.
ReplyDelete