With Christmas and birthday back to back our house/garage/closets have been taken over by TOYS. I am questioning why we even have toys as he barely plays with them. He would rather be in the kitchen cabinets or in the front guest room putting things in a big pot. But mostly he wants to be outside. He stands at the front door and talks in his serious talk that he wants to go outside. So- toys just sit in our living room. They are about to be put up. (After our 3 little visitors this weekend) I am thinking I will pull out a few each week and get some kind of rotation going. Any moms out there face this problem with an abundance of toys and their child maybe plays with them for 5 minutes a day? Thankfully my guy loves books and will sit and read all day long. But when he is playing on his own he would rather be roaming. Also, a video is below of little man having a conversation with me. He talks all day long. Enjoying this time of not knowing what he is saying. Once he starts really talking I have to be on my A game to stimulate and encourage his sweet heart in the right direction!
Toys in our family room
Where you can find B in the morning
Where his toys can be found..
I gave him a haircut and butchered it!
This is where we like to hang out in the morning, lunch and afternoon- front guestroom
Watch the video here grandparents!
I totally feel for you Anna - we have the same issues. We have given away a lot, consigned a lot, and now we do the rotation. Parker only plays with a few select toys, but he would rather be roaming and reading books. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute video! David and I watched it together and we were cracking up....he's so chatty! I'm guessing Elmo never made it to the hospital.....
ReplyDeleteI showed Benjamin and he was "talking" to Bradford. I think he could understand what he was saying. I love how you said you are going to stimulate and encourage his sweet heart in the right direction... what a good reminder! See you soon!!
ReplyDelete