Blog

Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

4 babes under a year and a half!

Felt like old times this last weekend as we had some of our dear friends from Atlanta come in town to visit. However, the more I think about it it was nothing like old times. New times.
We had 10 people stay at our house. 6 adults and four kids. It made my heart soar that our house could fit everyone comfortably and we even managed to have all of the babes upstairs so we could have adult time downstairs. But boy have times changed. The girls didn't shop once. The boys didn't play golf once. But we had some sweet time. We played outside, boys fished off the neighborhood pier, went to the beach, had prof. pics taken, played at the park, had a cookout and had a babysitter one night for a dinner out!

Someone once said to me that some of your sweetest friendships are the friends you make when you are first married and the friendships you make when you first have kids. I believe that is true- but I also think rare friendships are when your husbands are best friends too. That is our case with the Kangs, Farrells and Hostetlers. We take a trip with these three couples every year. Two years we went to the beach and one year we went to Tampa(that was 3 years ago) Ironically I live here now! The friendship is rare and one that I can only look to my Maker in creating. Friendships are for sure one of God's richest blessings and friendship is what I needed this weekend! Thanks girls for flying down and spending time with us! All I have to say is the next trip we take together- babies stay home with grandparents! Shopping here we come!

Hoping Laura does a post because she took alot more pictures! My camera never got unpacked from the beach trip so that is all that I have!

B loving the beach of course!
Sweet Jackson LOVED the beach- it was his first time!
Emma Kate didn't love her first few minutes but she warmed up to the feel of sand!
Benjamin knows all about the beach and loves it!
Emma Kate and her mommy, Laura
He loved wearing my sunglasses

The men enjoying these awesome chairs that Casey's parents let us borrow!
B loved playing with all of the toys at the beach!

Here are a few pics from trips pre-babies!
Kiawah '07
Tampa '08
The boys big catch down in Miami!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this post and your sweet words. It was such a great time to us - we just loved being together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post!! I came home and said the same thing...so thankful for our friendship! I will go post some pics too :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun. It is true, friendships is one of God's greatest blessings!!

    Hopefully, I will get these pics to you soon, so you can share them

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great being all together!! Thanks for the sweet words and thanks to the Boney's for being such good hosts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pics Bones! You are right, TRUE friendships are God's creation. So glad you have wonderful friends to share memories with! Loved the pic of B and the swordfish - cool!

    ReplyDelete