Wanted to update you guys on my little niece Evalyn whom we have been praying for steadily over the last few months. She graced this world on Wednesday, March 16th around 1:30pm. She weighed 1 pound and 7 ounces. Those who don't know Eleanor was 28 weeks along with Evalyn when they decided to bring her into this world. Evalyn came out breathing on her own, and was whisked away to NICU at UAB. Her birthday was an exciting day and I am so thankful for the joy that she brought to everyone. Day two was a little harder for Evalyn and everyone as they had to move her to Children's hospital to be taken care of with an issue with some blockage. She has responded well though and hopes to be back at UAB NICU on Sunday.
I am here in Birmingham and honestly am in awe of how amazing the support system that my family has. Meals have been provided for us, carseats, high chairs, phone chargers, babysitters etc- you name it everyone is chipping in and for that I am forever grateful. Lots of happy and sad and scary tears this way but I am confident in who is writing this story. He knows what is to come and I trust HIM completely.
Thank you for your continued prayers. We know the road ahead is going to have alot of ups and downs and uncertainty. We are so thankful to have this support system and an even greater support from above.
I have been studying Isaiah all year and scripture is flowing to me and reminding me of God's promises. Of all of his promises he made in Isaiah- I am clinging to the one where he said we will never go alone. He is always with us.
Friday, March 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the update! I will continue praying for Evalyn Reid.
ReplyDeletePraying for Miss Evalyn and your family!
ReplyDelete