Blog

Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Still counting...


So I took a week off of counting and I went back to this not so pretty person. I started throwing pity parties for myself and thought that the world revolved around me. So after evaluating what the root of the problem was- I realized that I had not written down ONE thing that I was thankful for. I quickly started writing them down again and I think I am well on my way to getting out of the funk. I think I mentioned to one friend last week that I might be already experiencing the baby blues and he isn't even here yet. We have been sick here the last few days also and have had several sleepless nights. It is pretty awesome that during the hardest times, so many good things happen. Just thought I would share a few that were on my list. I am in search of a fun journal to write them down in and hope to start that immediately. For now, I type them in a draft email that says, keep counting anna.

- for healthy delivery of baby Elijah(July 20th) and the perfect timing God worked with all of the details of getting Noah while she delivered Elijah
- for a low key birthday for Bradford and him loving his birthday gift- framed BCS Memorabilia
- for coffee with a southern girl and the breath of fresh air she added to my day!
- for a handy husband
- for a day to cook yummy food in the kitchen for friends
-for generous neighbors that gave us two bike seats!
- for B talking the whole way on the bike ride and saying "again" when we got back
- for time with Allison my BSF leader and the safeness I feel with sharing with her
- for B rocking the "baby"
-for the verse Proverbs 30:8-9- only asking for my daily bread!
- for skyping with Lindsey and the warmess it brought to see her while talking
- for the forever friendship that has gone so much deeper with each passing year with Jenn and VV
- for a bold prayer I can take to God- Pulling a King Hezekiah prayer
- for my new favorite number- five
- for nice new neighbors next door- they are expecting a baby girl in December
-for a day to work outside alongside with hubby
-for hubby getting the tahoe to fit in the garage by taking off the grill guard
-for B being a trooper even though he isn't feeling well
- for a morning at the zoo when we can't go to church since B and mommy had a runny nose
- for selling things on craigslist to go to the playroom fund!
- for realizing I did not have a thankful heart while being sick and needed to get refocused
- for a long bath in our clawfoot tub
- for Bailey playing fetch with B

- for the handprints on my pantry door from where B loves to throw things in the trash- his favorite is throwing his popsicle stick away
- for B talking to Bailey " where da ba go?"
- for B napping with his Doggy pillow that Nanny gave him
-for Hubby and his deep dish pizza



No comments:

Post a Comment