Blog

Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Family Beach Trips

The last two weekends we have packed our car on Friday night and headed to the beach- Longboat Key!  The first weekend was tricky trying to figure out what to pack and what all we would really use/need for a weekend at the beach.  This weekend I didn't have to pack near as much stuff and am realizing packing for the beach should be simple.  

The first weekend it rained alot.  Little B asked to go home several times. We had talked about the beach so much he was thinking it was way over-rated.  
This picture is from Friday night- we were hoping to catch the sunset but it was cloudy..
Saturday morning we got out early- (Hampton had us all up at 6:30am) and headed to the beach before the rain came at 9:30!

Did a little bike riding between the rain showers

We were stir crazy by Saturday evening so we headed out for dinner at a local restaurant...we have not eaten out at a restaurant with a waitress since Hampton was born- we were a little nervous.

Pics before dinner

Hampton gnawing on a banana- he was an angel the entire time!
 The two year old did pretty good- just had to go on a brief walk before the meals arrived to get some energy out.

Sunday morning we set out to the beach determined to get in some play time...
 I was so excited about my dollar kite from Target
 Success!  
 Hampton watching the kite..
But then the little stinker let go and Daddy had to go kite chasing- he thought it was so funny!  Then the rain came not too long after that so we packed up and headed home!  

This weekend it was gorgeous weather with a small rain shower in the afternoon.   
Hampton went swimming for the first time!
 He enjoyed it
 Mommy enjoyed it the most since the pool was heated!
 The Johnson's joined us around lunch time at the beach!

Sunday was boy day.  I headed back to Tampa to a commitment I had at church while the boys enjoyed/survived the day. 
Yes, still in my PJs on the beach but Dad was in charge so no comments :)
 Little B loves the ocean and wants to constantly be in it- he loves when the waves knock him down.  Crazy huh mom- definitely gets it from his dad as I am not a huge fan of the ocean- I am working on it though!
 I came back to the beach this afternoon and found this...a quiet house with hubby reading on the porch.  He continues to amaze me.  

We are headed back this weekend to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!  We are excited about cooking and trying some new recipes! 

5 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your family enjoying the new digs! What a perfect "get-away" on the weekends!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The start of many sweet memories for you all there - can't wait to see more! The pictures make me want to jump in the car and get down there right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun!! Maybe we can cross paths this summer when I visit mom in Tampa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehehehe......i can see Big B chasing the kite, maybe because I have already seen it.

    I look forward to spending time with you all next weekend and enjoying what I hope to be the first of many visits to Longboat Key.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun that yall are enjoying the beach place!! Isn't it great being able to come and go since it's so close!? Did you furnish everything or did some of it come with the sale?

    ReplyDelete