That is what we are calling our Labor Day Weekend. Do you know that book? I never really enjoyed reading that book but I sure can relate with the title. We got hit hard with a stomach bug that sent Mom and Dad(me and Big B) to the hospital. Little B was the first to get it and you'd never know he was sick except that he was throwing up. He was resilient- mom and dad were not. To recall this Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Weekend, I will tell it to you through my thankful list. Again, this list kept me focused on HIM and the many showers of blessings that flowed as he continues to supply my every need! SO many little things that worked out that continue to amaze me of His attention to detail in our lives.
I am thankful for:
September 2, 2011
- for B being in a great mood when I walked in his room this morning despite the throw up all in his bed and all over himself
- for it being Friday and having Hubby home to help clean up B in the bath and air out the room by opening the windows upstairs
- for B saying "nap" and running to the pack and play to tell me he was ready to go to bed
- for B taking a long nap
- for B saying "xuse me" after he sneezed
- for getting to hold B as he threw up
- for Hubby answering his phone and running downstairs to clean up the throw up while I cleaned up B and me
- for a parking place opening up at the doctor office right as B starting throwing up in the car
-for a nurse giving us a room right when we got to the doctor
- for B continuing to be in a great mood despite him being sick
- for gatorade and for B drinking it to replenish himself
- for grandparents on their way to spend time with B
September 3, 2011
- for Auburn football season beginning!
- for Soos to help with B while I wasn't feeling well
- for Hubby running upstairs to take care of me while throwing up(during Auburn game!)
- for Auburn winning in the last second!
- for an Emergency Room to go to for just pregnant women- so nice
-for my nice nurse Karin to make me laugh and encourage me
- that Hampton was fine and for getting to hear his heartbeat and move for many hours while he was plugged onto the monitor
-for a TV in the hospital room for Hubby to watch and for good football games on to pass the time
- for IVs, 4 bags of fluids, nauseous medicine, nauseous shot, imodium and whatever else they gave me!
-for my sweet in-laws being in town and ALL of the help they are!
- that Bennett hasn't gotten sick despite being over at our house Thursday for a play date
- for making it home by 11:00pm and getting to sleep in my own bed
This is from Thursday's play date- they are too cute
September 4, 2011
- for barf bags from hospital to hand to Hubby when he got sick(at 5am)
- for Hubby telling me he needed to go to the ER
- for Susan to take him to ER so I could stay home and rest
- for B eating something finally!
- for Pops taking B on a walk and to the pier so I could shower/rest
- for Soos and Pops and all that they did and the decision to leave Sunday at lunch in hopes that they wouldn't get the bug
- for our family of three laying in our bed watching movies
September 5, 2011
- for Labor Day and a day to re-cooperate from being sick
- for hubby helping with Little B while I quarantined the house
- for the Walmart worker being so kind when I told her my son had thrown up on the toy aisle(blueberries-his tummy wasn't quite ready for that!)
- for Marta to call to see if she could watch B tomorrow while I go to doctor since he isn't quite ready to go back to school yet
- for the Boney's not getting sick so far
-for Hampton's business in my belly and the high school girls getting to feel him
-for making it through the night without throwing up the two chocolate chip muffins I ate- totally regret as I couldn't resist the temptation!
Whew! Did you follow that weekend? Basically alot of throwing up and alot of cleaning up and alot of help from the in-laws! Marta got back in town late last night, so we literally would not have had any help to watch B while we were away at the hospital on Saturday and Sunday. Thank you BONEYS for coming and serving and cleaning and playing! Thankfully they took some pictures on Saturday morning. WAR EAGLE!
The heroes of the weekend! Soos and Pops!
Look what arrived for Hampton! Thanks Ma C and Ranger for the anywhere chair!
Unfortunately, this is where we are today. B has a small fever and is very tired. He is napping now and am hoping he is feeling better once he wakes up. He might be a future doctor as he has gotten really good at taking his own temperature!
Hope to be back soon about Hampton's status and his room and the playroom!
Oh my, oh my............what a bummer and I can't believe my B didn't get sick. So strange.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you and Hampton were okay and what a blessing to have "big" Boney's in town to help for the weekend :)
Whew, and I thought I was going to have to call you and give you a hard time about Auburn on Saturday night :) but they pulled it out.
oh my word. that sounds like my food poisoning experience when i was 32 weeks pregnant...except i didn't go to the hospital but should have. i am so glad you are better now. what an awful weekend! praise God for orchestrating family to be there when you needed them! :)
ReplyDeleteYikes Anna! What a weekend! I am encouraged to see how you continued to count your blessings even when you were so sick and exhausted. Hopefully all of you are back on the road to recovery. --Love Hampton's new chair and the last pic of B. He is so handsome even when he's sick! :)
ReplyDeleteOh My!!! Thank goodness for parents:) So happy to hear you are all doing better - Last Thanksgiving Chris and I both were hit hard with "the stomach bug". I was newly preggers. It is scary! Thankfully, L didn't get sick. You are super mom to take care of everyone! Hope all is going well. I will be down your way in Oct and would love to see you:) PS - WAR EAGLE
ReplyDeleteAnna, thanks for your comment. Jonathan and I are so excited!! We'll keep you all updated.
ReplyDeleteSO SORRY for your terrible weekend. That is so miserable! Bad enough for just ONE of you to have it!!!!
Love following your blog. I'm not a very dedicated "commenter" but I'm a quite committed reader!! See y'all soon, I hope!