
Wanted to do a quick post about our last 24 hours. Hampton had been having a hard weekend- fussy, hadn't pooped or passed gas, and wasn't eating great. I signed onto the internet to get him a doctor appointment for Monday morning as I knew he wasn't feeling well. Sunday night at 6:00- we had some friends over who had brought us dinner- I mentioned that I thought Hampton felt hot- and when I took his temperature it was 101.4. I called the pediatrician who called right back and told me to go to the ER. Not knowing the seriousness of this- I tried to skip the system and take him to the really nice Urgent Care that has tvs and gliders in the rooms. Once they took his temperature- 101.6- they immediately sent us to the ER. After lots of tests (blood drawn, spinal tap, catheter) and many hours later- we found out Hampton has meningitis. We found out this morning that he tested positive for viral meningitis- which is great news in hopes that he doesn't have the bacterial kind. Either way- we are at the hospital the next few nights. We find out tomorrow if he has bacterial too.
All of it was and is overwhelming. Then add to that trying to figure out accommodations for your older child really becomes a challenge. Little B had his first sleepover at a friends house last night. Our good friends live on the way to the hospital and also had been the ones to bring us dinner and also have a boy same age and size. We didn't realize at the time he would be spending the night- just thought a few hours. So thankful for giving and serving friends. With family so far away, times like these make you ask for lots and lots of favors. God has provided us with a gracious community of friends.
Today we were scheduled to have a babysitter at 8:00am so Bradford picked up B to get him home for her-- all to find out her car wouldn't start and her cell phone had been disconnected. So today Big B and I have been taking shifts with the boys. Thankfully Marta got back in town this afternoon and took B while we switched shifts so Big B and I could see each other for more than a minute.
My parents get in town late late tonight so tomorrow should be much easier with taking care of both boys. Now we just need to get Mr. Hampton well.
No matter what the days hold- God is still Holy and worthy of praise. We have an eternal peace for which I am so grateful for. Can't imagine how people go through this without the peace and promise we have from our Maker. God used Ann again to draw me closer to Him. Psalm 107 and this quote on her blog spoke:
It is a good thing to be without a trouble; but it is a better thing to have a trouble, and know how to get grace enough to bear it.” ~Spurgeon
Oh my goodness. Anna- bless y'all's hearts! Saying a prayer now. Keep us updated.
ReplyDeleteOh Anna! I'm praying for y'all especially for Hampton's protection as he heals!
ReplyDeleteBless y'all!! Praying now! Hoping for a good news soon!
ReplyDeletePraying for that sweet baby!
ReplyDeleteOh, how I wish we were nearby to help out. We will definitely be praying for sweet baby Hampton.
ReplyDeleteOH Anna! I wish I was there and could help you. We are praying up in Memphis. Keep us posted. xoxo
ReplyDeleteAnna, we are praying for all of you. Thank God for the instincts He gave you and that you trusted them and got little Hampton in to see the doctors. He is in good hands all around! We are prayerful for a quick recovery and for the grace you and Bradford need to get through this stressful time. Love you!
ReplyDeletePraying for peace for you and that Hampton will feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteAnna - Praying for Hampton. Please keep us updated.
ReplyDeleteAlissa