So I have a love hate relationship with Pinterest. I adore it for the easy menu planning that has been going on at our house. Every Monday night I pull up my recipes page and plan my meals depending on what new thing I have pinned or one that I have been craving for a while! My favorite so far has been the corn and potato chowder and the grilled chicken marinade. Dying to try the zucchini bites. I love that I have all of my recipes with me on my phone- clutch when I am at the store and needing ingredients to a recipe!
Now- my problem is all of the pinning of amazing looking rooms...it isn't healthy. I have been working on planning Little B's big boy room and was eyeing some wood spindle beds that cost 1700 dollars- each. Yeah- not going to happen. So it has been a challenge finding affordable things that look spectacular like all of the pinterest rooms that I have pinned.
The good that it has brought is that I have taken the challenge of finding what I like and making it look like the 1700 dollar beds! I found these two old school wooden beds-I think Jenny Lind- at a consignment store for 113. I couldn't let them pass as they were too good of a deal and with some paint and distressing I could make them look like the 1700 dollar beds! So- here is my first big project thanks to pinterest. I am pleased- with the look and def. with the price!
The set up- wiped down the bed with a dry cloth
Spray painted it with white primer spray paint
First coat of Antique White on the headboard- spray paint again!
I sanded little bits on the edges to make it look distressed- this was my favorite part!
Tada!
He loves his big boy bed!
Total cost to paint was 3 cans of spray paint primer and 3 cans of spray paint- each can was 4 dollars- so 24.00! Pretty proud of that as I got a quote for getting someone to paint them and it was going to be 100 dollars a bed! I haven't done Hampton's yet but I have a while until he will need that- plus- I have the crib in there still as Little B is still taking naps in his crib. Not ready to give him complete freedom!
Next for Little B's big boy room is painting the walls, hanging pictures and some kind of inexpensive window treatments!
This video is priceless- plus you can see what he thinks about his big boy bed at the end! Please excuse his room- as it is still "under construction"
that is EXACTLY what i want for ellie when she gets bigger! two twin jenny lind beds. thought about it for mt, but we already had a full size mattress.... anyway, little b's beds look so good! way to go anna!!
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed with your find and even more so with your DIY job! That bed looks great! That video cracks me up little B is a funny little guy and so HAPPY :)
ReplyDeletexo
Margo
anna, it looks awesome!!! I'm so impressed! your boys are just precious.
ReplyDeleteGreat find and great job! Gotta love some pinning.
ReplyDeleteGo Anna Go! I love Bradford's big boy bed....y'all did a great job!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! IMPRESSIVE! GOOOOOOD JOB!!
ReplyDeleteBradford's hair has gotten so long! So cute!
ReplyDelete