We have had a fabulous weekend celebrating our daddy, Bradford Sr. I feel like we have a different kind of Father's Day than most as we are far away from both of our dads. So once the card and gift are in the mail- I only have one Dad to focus on! I decided to make an agenda for our Father's Day and had it posted around the house when Bradford Sr. got home on Friday.
Friday started off with getting to open a present(Auburn vs Alabama DVD and Auburn Baby DVD) and grilling out sausage, hot dogs and yummy corn and watching the DVDs.
Saturday Daddy got to sleep in and then we headed out for lunch and to pick up his Father's Day gift. Wwe had to drive to Clearwater to pick it up so it was an anticipating car ride to where and what we were doing. I found a guy that made cornhole sets and bags for a pretty decent price. I just got him white ones and we bought paint(orange and blue of course!) and will design them however Hubby wants! He also got to go fishing off of the pier during high tide but only caught catfish. Saturday night we got the sweetest babysitters- they were sisters- and headed out to dinner at a restaurant we hadn't been to yet- Maddogs. It is an English type pub place and Bradford Sr. enjoyed their special for the night- swordfish! After dinner I had bought tickets to a play downtown- "Motherhood"- Not exactly a "Father's Day" kind of play but it had good reviews and ended up being really funny. The venue was adorable- See the picture below- we are in the balcony on the left-I have one hand up and Bradford has two. The show posts these pictures to facebook- so that is how I got it. I loved our seats and look forward to going back to see another play.

Sunday we had BIG cinnamon rolls(Bradford Sr's favorite) and headed to church. After church we put B down for his nap and Bradford was given his Food Network Challenge.
Not sure if you have seen the show Chopped- but they give chefs several ingredients that must be included in the dish. They have a set time to make the meal and then are judged on what they made. Bradford Sr. and I love to watch this show and often talk about what we would make. So I was excited about this task for him as I knew he would enjoy the challenge. However, I feel like Bradford had an even bigger challenge as we didn't have alot of ingredients in the pantry and fridge like the show that has an assortment of ingredients to use. We agreed that he had 45 minutes to make the meal.
Here is Bradford about to find out what ingredients he has to use:
Here he is after:
The ingredients were:
Vidalia onion, whole wheat angel hair pasta, and parmesan cheese
He got to work fast.
Sauteing the onion with bacon and sausage while the noodles are boiling
Putting basil leaves on top of the pasta
Starting to plate the meal with 4 minutes to go!
He made salads while the pasta was baking- Mine is on the left and his is the ranch one on the right
He had the meal and salads done with 40 seconds to spare!
He titled his dish- Cajun Pasta Bake. It was super yummy. He was his biggest critic as he said it needed a little more seasoning but I cleaned my plate! Even Little B enjoyed the meal and had leftovers tonight for dinner. I really enjoyed this idea and if you have a husband that loves to cook- try it! Clean up was my duty but I didn't mind since I didn't have to lift a finger for the meal!
Awesome weekend--Bradford is such a good sport!
ReplyDelete